Have you ever heard of a Yorkie Poo? If you are really interested in finding out more about Yorkie Poos, also known as Yorkiedoodles, then, you must read this Yorkie Poo information guide. The first thing that you need to know about these tiny cute creatures is they are not pure breeds. Yorkie Poos are a result of the cross-breeding between Yorkshire terriers and Poodles. Hence, somepeople refer to them as Yorkie Poos, whilst others know them as Yorkiedoodles.
Yorkie Poo Information on How They are Produced by Breeders
Did you know that not all Yorkie Poos are exactly 50 % Poodle and 50 % Yorkshire Terrier? The best thing that you can do in order to determine the temperament of a mixed breed is to have some understanding of both breeds in the cross. Your dog could possess a combination of any of the physical characteristics to be found in either breed.
Here are some of the methods being used by breeders when producing Yorkie Poos:
- F1 = This is a 50 percent Yorshire terrier and 50 percent Poodle. This kind of cross breeding will produce healthier Yorkie Poos, since they are first generation Yorkie Poos. The hair strand of this mix breed can vary from straight, like Yorkies, or to curly, like the Poodles.
- F1 – B = This is 25 percent Poodle and 75 percent Yorkshire Terrier. This breed can be produced by mixing a Yorkiepoo with a Yorkshire Terrier. This combination is known as the Yo-Yopoo and has a coat similar to the Yorkie Poo.
- F1-B = This is 75 % Poodle and 25 % terrier. This breed is produced by matching a Yorkie Poo is with a pure bred Poodle.
- F2 = Yorkshire terrier paired with an F1 Yorkie Poo.
- F3 = This is a cross breed of Number 1 and 2.
Yorkie Poo Information on their Characteristics and Needs
- Yorkie Poo Information : Size and Weight
A lot of Yorkie Poos are just three to fifteen pounds in weight. They have a body size of a toy dog but they cannot be considered as a toy breed; they are twelve inches tall. Yorkie Poos are the top breed when it comes to popularity, as recognized by the American Hybrid Club.
- Yorkie Poo Information : Life Span
As a rule, smaller dogs have a longer life span. Yorkie Poos have a life span of twelve to fifteen years. This is the reason why many people love taking care of smaller dogs: they can have many happy years together compared to some bigger breeds.
- Yorkie Poo Information : Temperament
Did you know that Yorkie Poo puppies are hyperactive and cheerful? They like playing around and make very good watchdogs despite their petite size. They like a stimulating environment because they get bored easily. This is a characteristic that they obtained from poodles. Yorkie Poo puppies are really fun to have around the house, but be cautious, especially when there are little children about. Although they are people oriented, Yorkie Poo pups may cross the boundaries and treat your child as another pup that they can also bite.
- Yorkie Poo Information: Their Needs
Get into the habit of brushing your Yorkie Poo on a weekly basis. They will also need to be bathed and shampooed when necessary. Their hair should be trimmed on a regular basis, especially around the eyes and ears. Yorkie Poos do not require as much exercise compared to larger dogs, because they can meet their own demands just by running around the house and garden. But Yorkie Poos do love walking, so be prepared.
I hope this Yorkie Poo Information sheet will help you discover more about this delightful dog. Like any other pet, love and care are their primary needs.